Guide to Southwest Airlines Inflight Entertainment:
Southwest provides an inflight entertainment portal through which you can access many free features. Here, you can stream live and on-demand TV, listen to music, watch movies, and follow along with the flight tracker so you know just how much flight time remains.
However, you should know that not all Southwest’s plans are Wi-Fi enabled, but the majority of them are. Remember that the free inflight entertainment and even the movies you pay for are not available on international flights. That means you can use the Wi-Fi until you cross an international border.
Required Devices to Connect Southwest Wi-Fi:
Before boarding your flight, make sure that you have a Wi-Fi-enabled device. Most of us probably have at least 1 of these with us at all times:
Laptops and Macs:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher version, OSX 10.9 or higher
- Web Browser: Google Chrome version 51 or higher, Firefox version 47 or higher, Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari version 9 or higher.
iOS Mobile and Tablets:
- Operating System: iOS 9.0 and above
- Plug-In: Airtime app from Apple App Store
Android Mobile and Tablets:
- Operating System: Android 5.0 and above
- Plug-In: Airtime app from Google Play Store.
How to Access the Southwest Flight Wi-Fi Connect:
In order to access the Southwest Inflight Wi-Fi, you have to follow these simple instructions below:
- Firstly, you need to turn on your Wi-Fi-enabled device and enable airplane mode. Make sure that your Wi-Fi is on while in airplane mode.
- Then, simply go to your available wireless networks and select “Southwest Wi-Fi” to connect, or go to southwest wifi connect
- Your internet browser will automatically redirect you to the Southwest Airline Hotspot portal. Or, you can simply type www.southwestwifi.com in the address bar.
- Then, simply sit back, relax, and enjoy Southwest Inflight Entertainment & Connectivity.
Wi-Fi Cost on Southwest Airlines:
You can access interest for $8/day per device on Wi-Fi-enabled aircraft. It will allow you to access the web, check emails, or access social media. However, you can access some inflight entertainment free of charge. Services available through the Southwest Airline Inflight Entertainment portal:
Free Live TV
The Southwest inflight entertainment portal provides free entertainment during your flight, including the 16 live TV channels. The live TV channels are Bravo, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS2, FoxS, Fox News, NFL Network, HGTV, ESPN, ESPN2, NBC 4, FX, Discovery, USA, Disney, CNN.
Free On Demand TV
You can also access the free on-demand TV shows available to view during your flight. Although these change occasionally, you can watch the shows like Cake Boss and Who Do You Think You Are.
Also Read: Applciation guide for SaveatAutoPay Car Loan
If you want to watch movies, you have to download the Airtime Player app from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can watch the movies for free to stream at any time during your flight. You can watch movies on multiple flights on the same day, so there is no need to worry about finishing your movies before your layover.
You can listen to music during your flight for free through the iHearRadio and Southwest.FM. However, this new feature is only available for the selected aircraft.
You can also listen through the pre-downloaded iHearRadio app without having to purchase inflight Wi-Fi.
If you like an inexpensive way to stay in contact with your friends and family during your flight, then you can purchase a Messaging package for $2/day per device. Here, you can access messaging apps like iMessage, Viber, and WhatsApp.
Make sure to download your chosen app before your flight. However, if you purchase the full internet access package for $8, then you will also get messaging capabilities.
For any queries about Southwest Airlines Inflight Entertainment, you can contact the customer service department.
Call At: 1-800-435-9792
PO Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235